Micellar Casein from Reflex Nutrition is an instant mixing time-release protein. The protein is sourced from fresh skimmed milk. Unlike some other casein based protein’s, it is not made using manufacturing processes which can denature the protein. The protein found in Micellar Casein is un-denatured. Approximately 80% is Casein protein and the remaining 20% is Whey protein. The bulk of the protein content is a slow release that will be utilised by the body gradually, whilst whey protein is a relatively fast release protein for use immediately following exercise or first thing in the morning.
The way in which Reflex have extracted the protein contents means you get the least processed of all milk proteins and it also gives a timed release effect which helps to prevent muscle breakdown following workout’s and over night. Studies have shown that the form of casein protein used here can sustain steady amino acid elevations for up to 7 hours, making this perfect late night protein before bed. You also get the added benefit of 20% whey for times when a faster acting protein is required to feed your muscles. Each serving of Micellar Casein provides 36g of protein, 1.8g of carbohydrates and only 0.7g of fat, making it ideal for athletes and bodybuilders looking to increase lean muscle while limiting fat gains.
Casein”s ability to sustain such lengthy release of amino acids is because of its digestibility. Once in the stomach, it forms a gel, slowing transit time in the digestive system, which thus slows the digestion of the protein.
Findings demonstrate that casein is the perfect protein source when a positive nitrogen balance is preferred for more than 3 hours. e.g when sleeping, or over a prolonged period during the day, whereas whey protein is seen as the the best choice for a protein source in-between meals and after workouts.
Flavours: Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla
Sizes: 0.91lg (2lb)
- Contains 80% Micellar Casein and 20% whey protein.
- Micellar casein is a slow release protein and is best suited to long periods where protein won’t be ingested for several hours e.g. over night or long periods between meals.
- Undenatured protein, due to the nature in which the protein is extracted from the source, making the protein more effective at increasing lean muscle gains and preventing muscle loss.
Who’s it for:
Reflex Micellar Casein is designed to work alongside other protein supplements, e.g. a straight whey protein or whey isolate supplement, due to the different protein uptake from each.
How to use:
Mix with water, milk or your favourite mixer using a shaker bottle or blender. Can be taken at any time of the day, but for best results use immediately before bed or in long gaps between meals during the day.