Whey protein comes in all shapes and sizes these days, but PhD Nutrition’s Pharma Whey Ht+ still manages to keep above the rest thanks to its carefully selected list of additional ingredients to complement a quality protein blend.
Pharma Whey is renowned for being one of the best tasting whey protein’s on the market (just see what people are saying on the various bodybuilding forums), which for many would alone would be enough to justify choosing Pharma over another.
The additional ingredients in this blend have each been designed to offer a little something extra on top of the standard protein-giving benefits. PhD have chosen to use a dual whey protein blend using whey protein isolate (WPI) in addition to the usual whey protein concentrate (WPC) – the advantages? WPI is known to be absorbed into the body faster than WPC therefore giving the consumer a ‘quick hit’ of protein and a longer lasting drip feed provided by WPC – perfect for the post-workout consumption.
Weight management benefits come from the inclusion of Cholecystokinin and Glucagon like peptide, without getting into the full scientific reasons, these two have been found in studies to aid in increased feeling of fullness and appetite suppression, which is of course great for anyone looking to drop fat.
- Dual-protein blend offering benefits in protein absorption over single whey protein blends.
- Increased amounts of branched chain amino acids (BCAA’s) – the building blocks of protein – and most importantly increased amounts of L-Glutamine. These are key factors in helping your body to re-build and increase muscle mass after a training session.
- Weight management ingredients helping you to feel satiated for longer, controlling hunger and reducing the temptations to binge.
- Contains glycomacropeptide (GMP), which can help to promote ‘friendly’ bacteria growth in the gut and intestines.
- Increased levels of the amino acid Cysteine make this a high anti-oxidant formula which can potentially help to fight damage caused by free radicals.
Who’s it for
This is a general purpose whey protein supplement, anybody involved in sports could benefit from using Pharma Whey. Anybody seeking an easy way to get more protein into their diet could benefit from this.
How to use
Pharma Whey has been designed to be easy mixing into your preferred mixer, whether that be water, milk or flavoured squash. Being water soluble, it can easily be mixed using a whey shaker. To make a more refreshing drink, blend powder, mixer and ice cubes together.
Best results will be seen by drinking a serving of Pharma Whey HT+ before exercise (approx. 60-90 mind prior) and immediately afterwards to ensure the body has an optimum environment for recovery.
PhD Pharma Whey HT+,